Monday, October 29, 2012

Indiana Pastor arrested for sexually assaulting a mentally challenged 14 year old girl

WARSAW, Ind. (AP) — A northern Indiana pastor has been arrested on a charge of sexual battery and two counts of sexual misconduct with a 14-year-old girl police say has significant mental and physical handicaps.
 
Warsaw police say 77-year-old Robert Haywood, the pastor at Harvest Time Ministries Church, was arrested Friday. Police say Haywood is accused of inappropriately sexually touching the girl in the church basement on one occasion and of having sex with her on another.
 
WSBT-TV reports (http://bitly.com/Sd44KK ) Haywood's daughter says he is innocent and his attorney advised the family not to comment.
 
Haywood was released from the Kosciusko (Koz-ee-ah-skoh) County Jail on $10,000 bond. No court date was set.
 
According to court documents, the girl's guardian reported the incidents after Haywood's wife discovered a voicemail from the girl

 http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Pastor-charged-with-sexual-misconduct-with-minor-3984732.php#ixzz2AjP1tIIp

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sad that this is your view of Christians. I am a Christian and I do not care if your beliefs are different from mine. I only care that you are treated as a person. If you asked for help I would give what I could. There are many people who say they are Christians but do not show the kindness and respect they should.I apologize for those people and I hope you can, after reading this, say that just as all Muslims are not terrorist, all Christians are not judgemental hypocrites.

Ali said...

While I appreciate your comment, I'd ask you to please read the side bar.

Anonymous said...

I read the side bar. It is basically you doing to Christians what you say you hate Christians doing to you. As a matter of fact that is what this whole blog is. I am not some uneducated Christian with blind faith. You speak of how Muslims are called to be kind and passive, but where is that kindness and passiveness. I don't see it here. You expose the mistakes of SOME Christians and say ALL Christians are like this. You are being hypocritical. I was reaching out and being nice because that is the right thing to do. I do not think that God would be pleased with your behavior no matter which religion you follow.