Wednesday, September 26, 2012

North Carolina Pastor arrested for sexually assaulting thirteen year old girl

NEWTON, N.C. -- The pastor of a Catawba County church arrested Monday and charged with indecent liberties with a minor appeared before a judge Wednesday morning.

Bradley Moss, 38, of Hickory, was charged after an investigation by Newton police and the Catawba County Department of Social Services. He is pastor of Victory Empowerment Church near Newton.

Family members of a 13-year-old member of Moss' church stepped forward after the young girl's mother said the pastor had sent the girl messages of a sexual nature.


Moss' family was in court Wednesday, and his bond was set at $100,000. He is due to appear in court again next month.

"I support him, I have to. He's my son," said Moss' father Wednesday. "You would do the same thing."

In search warrants police said they went to Moss' mother's house and confiscated his computer, cell phone, 38 DVDs and other items. Police also used search warrants to gain access to his Twitter and cell phone account with Sprint.

The pastor, a father of five, said he was never alone with the 13-year-old who he said is a friend of his daughter. In text messages to the teen he allegedly said, "Babe everything in me wants to be with you. I want you to be MINE."

The report states in another text he spoke of how the 13-year-old looked in lounge wear. The married father also spoke about them getting married.

"I'd want you to have my baby...no adoption...you receiving my seed and carrying it and birthing him."

Both Moss and the girl said they did not have sex, but the girl said that Moss touched her breasts, legs and butt. She also told investigators that Moss kissed her on the lips.

He said that he never kissed the teen and only might have touched her when they were playing around wrestling.

In one text message the pastor allegedly texted the girl, "Notice my kissing didn't change."

Moss’ mother said Tuesday she feels her son is innocent.

"Because I've raised him and he comes and talks to me, we talk about everything and I do not believe that. I just don't believe that," said a visibly shaken Barbara Fair outside her house.


http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Catawba-preacher-faceing-indecent-liberties-charge-appears-in-court-171344711.html

No comments: