Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pastor arrested for stabbing teen girl to death

Emotions ran high at Cherangani Nursing Home in Kitale after triplets were extracted from the body of a student allegedly stabbed to death by a pastor to cover up their love affair.

Relatives were moved to tears when the foetuses were removed from her body during post-mortem examination.

"It is unbelievable this man murdered four people. Why did he have to do this? This is a terrible incident," a woman mourned.

The public streamed to the hospital to see the male triplets.

Business at the busy hospital was interrupted by curious wananchi.

The operation to remove the foetuses was conducted by a medic based at Kitale District Hospital.

Wailing relatives broke down as they mourned the Form Four student of a school in Trans-Nzoia East District.

The girl was killed last Friday after the pastor allegedly stabbed her to death using a kitchen knife.

Brutal killing

Her parents were lost in thought after the triplets were removed from the body of their last-born daughter.

"It is a big loss to the family. It will take us a long time to forget this brutal killing of our daughter," said the girl’s mother.

Teachers and students of the school where the girl learned said her death was a big loss to the institution.

"We were proud of her performance. She was among the best students and we expected her to excel in this year’s KCSE," said a female teacher.

The student was carrying a five-month pregnancy from a year-old relationship with the pastor when she met her death.

The student had confessed to her parents that the clergyman had impregnated her.

The student, 17, was a Sunday school teacher at a church the pastor heads.

Antenatal clinic

After the pregnancy was revealed, the matter was reported to police, who arrested and arraigned the pastor in Kitale Law Court where he was charged with defilement. He was released on bond.

The pastor had reportedly intercepted the student as she returned home after attending antenatal clinic at Kitale District Hospital.

On the fateful day, the two met at Kibomet Africa Inland Church where the girl found the pastor waiting for her.

They talked and then as the student left to board a matatu she was allegedly stabbed several times by the pastor.

He then fled into a maize plantation, but was arrested by a watchman guarding a homestead.

The pastor underwent a psychiatric test and was arraigned in Kitale Law Court where he was charged with defilement. He was released on bond.

No comments: